Transfer candidates are defined as individuals with college credit or students whose high school graduation or GED completion date is six months prior to the academic year of enrolling at Benedictine University who intend to enroll in the traditional daytime program. Transfer candidates with less than 12 transferable semester credit hours will be considered under the freshman admission applicant requirements. Credits taken prior to high school graduation are not used to determine transfer student status.
Admission is based on a review of each student’s total academic and extracurricular record. It is necessary for some applicants to complete additional materials or come to the University for further assessment. Benedictine’s philosophy is to select students who will perform successfully in our academic programs and become active members of the University community. Requests for admission are considered without regard to the applicant’s race, religion, gender, age, national origin or disability.
How To Apply to the Mesa Campus (Transfer Candidates)
Send all materials to: 225 E. Main St., Mesa AZ 85201. A personal interview with an admissions counselor is generally advisable and occasionally required. Official transcripts bearing the signature of the registrar and the institutional seal must be issued by mail or electronically from the institution to Benedictine’s Enrollment Center.
Consideration for admission will take place when all the necessary information is received. If an applicant has 12 or more transferable semester credit hours:
- Submit a completed application form.
- Apply or download an application online at https://apply.ben.edu/mesa-undergraduate.cfm
- Request a hard copy application by contacting us at: (602)888-5500 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official transcripts directly from each college or university attended.
- Written personal statement (may be required of some candidates).
- Letter of recommendation (may be required of some candidates).
If the applicant has less than 12 attempted semester credit hours:
- Steps one, two, three and four above.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Submit official copy of ACT, SAT, TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
Mesa Campus Transfer Admission Requirements
Benedictine University’s admissions philosophy is to select students who will perform successfully in the University’s academic programs and actively participate in University life. We offer rolling admissions into all of our traditional undergraduate programs, meaning applications are accepted and admissions decisions are made throughout the year without deadline restrictions.
Students transferring into Benedictine University’s traditional undergraduate programs must have:
- A minimum of 12 attempted semester credit hours (If a student has fewer than 12 semester credit hours of attempted transfer credit, freshman requirements apply).
- A cumulative GPA of 2.000 on a 4.000 scale or better from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- No previous academic probation or academic dismissal.
Students who do not meet the above admissions requirements are encouraged to contact the Office of Admissions to set up an appointment with one of our transfer counselors to discuss the Admission Committee review process. Certain programs have additional enrollment criteria which can be found under Academic Programs.